Special Education & Student Services » School Social Work

School Social Work

Who is a School Social Worker?

Sometimes a call or visit from the School Social Worker can be alarming to parents. This section helps people understand the role of a School Social Worker and ways she can help families and school communities. Here are some frequent questions asked to School Social Workers and answers to them.

  • School Social Workers have a Masters Degree in Social Work. This requires two years of graduate school. An additional year is needed for a Specialists Degree. A Masters Degree is the entry level for a School Social Worker.
  • They are able to go into the home and provide the school with valuable insight.
  • They are the liaison between teachers, parents, students, administrators, and the community.
  • A resource for the school

Frequently Asked Questions

You are welcome to call your School Social Worker at any time for support or resources! (770) 945-5035