Preschool Referral Process
Welcome to the Buford City Schools Special Education Website dedicated to the early identification and treatment of children with special needs.
To request an evaluation for your child, you must contact the Buford City Schools Special Education Department at 770-945-5035 for an appointment.
The following documents must be submitted at the time of your appointment before any evaluations may be scheduled.
- Any previous evaluations on your child
- For pre-k students – Form 3300 – eye, ear, and dental
- Proof of Residency – Residency is within the city limits of Buford; City of Buford Utility bill or Rental/Lease Agreement. If unsure, please call Buford City Hall at (770) 945-6761.
- A copy of your child’s social security card
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate (cards are not accepted)
- A copy of your child’s immunization record including the dates immunizations were administered
- The Preschool Special Needs Referral Form
For more information, please contact:
Buford City Schools
Department of Special Education
Upon receipt of the completed packet you will be contacted for a screening to determine if your child needs a further evaluation.